Diga di Casanuova sul Chiascio, Valfabbrica (PG)
The whole structure extends on a 15-hectare surface, with a maximum height of 43 metres.
The most part of the materials used to embrace the river bank and stop its sliding came from the riverbed, in order to use eco-compatible materials and make the whole framework water-resistant against river waving movement.
Other elements came to complete the project:
- column reinforcing D 600 mm, applied by the use of the “deep mixing” technique
- ground-reinforcing with micro pales D 90/260 mm
- draining metal pipes D 1.000 and D 1.500, 8,9 mm thickness
- natural escarpment stabilisation by the application of a double-twisted metal net
- change of course of Tragino moat with natural engineering interventions
- local detecting, measuring and controlling activities